Table and steak knife
Pieces per package: 6 – Package size cm. 9.5×38.5×2.5
Total measure mm. 23.5 – Blade measure mm. 12.5 – Weight gr. 372 – Packed weight gr. 522
Blade: Stainless steel AISI 453 – Handle: Plexiglass
Additional Description: Collection ‘Compendium’ – GLOSSY Blade
Table Knife: often the most neglected in the choice must be strictly smooth edged so as not to defibrate the meat and squeeze its taste, as happens with serrated blades.
To savour dishes in their full flavour, a smooth and precise cut. You will not have to throw it away once it has lost its edge, as happens with serrated blades, which cannot be sharpened.
The blades are laser-cut from sheets of special cutting steel, which allows for very high blade quality (fine and neat grain size without forging).
Made with a full tang, i.e. the blade is a single piece running through the whole handle, they have a satin finish on the blade surface.
Made entirely by hand in small quantities.
Heat treatment includes subcooling to -80 °C to ensure maximum cutting capacity and durability.
Versions with Plexiglas handles are dishwasher safe because all our Plexiglas handles undergo a special stabilisation process that makes them dishwasher safe.
Manufactured from high quality cutting steel, they can only be put in the dishwasher in the Plexiglas handle version, but be aware of the possible consequences:
1. the dishwasher quickly ages any item washed in it.
2. the higher the quality of the cutting steel, the less stainless it is.
3. the blades may become stained with small reddish spots or large bluish halos:
a. if left to drip or dried in the dishwasher
b. if left soiled for a long time after use
c. if the washing water is rich in iron
4. good hand washing and careful drying after washing are the secret to keeping your knives in good condition.
4. good hand washing and careful drying after washing are the key to maintaining your knives
5. hand washing and immediate drying are a MUST for knives with horn handles,
wood or other natural materials.
6. Do not wash with aggressive detergents or water at temperatures above 60 °C.
Maintenance of Berti knives: https://www.tradizioniassociate.com/it/69-servizi