Duemiladodici – Table Knife: often the most neglected in the choice must be strictly smooth thread to not shred the meat and do not squeeze the taste, as happens with serrated blades. To savor the dishes in their full flavor, with a sweet and precise cut. You will not have to throw it once you have lost the thread, as happens with serrated blades, which can not be sharpened.
The blades are obtained by laser cutting from special steel cutting plates that allows a very high quality of the blade (fine and neat grain size without forging).
Made of full tang, or the blade is a single piece that crosses the entire handle, have the surface finish of the satin blade.
Produced entirely by hand in small quantities and without division of labor, in Scarperia, in Italy, who starts them ends them: on each blade you will find the initials of the craftsman who made them.
The heat treatment also includes under-cooling at -80 ° C to guarantee maximum capacity and duration of the cut.
The versions with Plexiglas handles are suitable for the dishwasher because all our Plexiglas handles are subjected to a special stabilization process that makes them suitable for the dishwasher.
Products with high quality cutting steel, can only be put in the dishwasher in the Plexiglas handle version, but it is good to be informed about the possible consequences:
1. The dishwasher quickly ages any object washed in it.
2. The cutting steels are more quality and less are stainless.
3. the blades may stain with small reddish spots or with large bluish halos:
a. if left to drain or dry in the dishwasher
b. if left dirty for a long time after use
c. if the washing water is rich in iron
4. a good hand wash and a careful drying after washing are the secret to keep your knives at their best
5. hand wash and immediate drying are MANDATORY for knives with horn handles, wood or other natural materials.
6. Do not wash with aggressive detergents or water at temperatures above 60 ° C.
Erresse sells in Italy, European Union (EU) and outside EU*.
*For outside-EU customers, after logging in, items will be automatically displayed without taxes (VAT 22% in Italy).
For shipments to countries outside EU, the customs and tax costs are to be paid by the recipient.