A cocotte is a casserole dish perfectly designed for preparing French dishes, as well as for making soups, roasts and baked dishes from around the world. The heat-retaining properties of cast iron, teamed with Staub’s innovative enamelled coating, guarantee a gentle, healthy cooking style that wonderfully preserves the aromas, flavours and nutrients of your food.
The cocotte is oval and dark blue in colour, a stylish cookware item with a width of 37.5 cm with handles and a height of 11.8 cm without lid: perfect for serving food straight to the table at home or in a restaurant. As cast iron retains heat really well, your food will stay warm for longer and can be enjoyed in a relaxed and unhurriedly manner. The matt black enamelling ensures that your food retains its original flavours, a feature that improves with the age and use of the cookware.
Whether you are preparing a gratin or sophisticated soufflé, new to cooking or enthusiastic to try new things, you will have the confidence to attempt delicious French cuisine using this stylish Staub cocotte. Soups, roasts, stews and casseroles all benefit from the effective absorption and release of heat. Its innovative lid design distributes condensation evenly over the food being cooked. This 5.5-litre Staub cocotte casserole dish helps to seal in the juices of your meat and cook vegetables tenderly.
– Ideal for searing and slow cooking of roasts and whole chickens
– Juicy and tender cooking result thanks to the lid’s special drip structure
– The matt black inner enamelling is ideal for particularly crisp searing and is especially durable
– Suitable for all types of hobs, incl. induction, can also be used in the oven/grill
– Serves 4-5 people
– Base Diameter: 25 cm
– Diameter: 31 cm
– Heat Resistance: yes
– Height without lid: 11.8 cm
– Height: 16.7 cm
– Induction Compatibility: yes
– Length: 37.5 cm
– Volume: 5.5 l
– Weight: 6 kg