One of the greatest challenges when cooking is coordinating the preparation of dishes and ensuring that meat, vegetables and side dishes are cooked and can be served at the same time. The cocotte from the La Cocotte series combines the properties of a traditional casserole dish with those of a steamer insert, allowing you to cook several types of food at the same time. Perforations in the 18/10 stainless steel steamer insert as well as the thick silicone seal guarantee optimum heat distribution in the dish. The cocotte is made of cast iron with a black enamel interior, which stores heat and releases it evenly into the cooking food.
The round cocotte with steamer insert is 32.8 cm long, 15.6 cm high and 26 cm wide including handles. It holds 5.2 litres, is easy to clean and durable and can be used on any type of cooker, including induction hobs. It features an ergonomic handle on each side, which can be used to carry the cocotte to the table where its basil-colour and traditional design is sure to create an eye-catching feature on your table. The steamer insert for the Staub cocotte lets you cook several dishes at the same time, also doubling as an attractive serving dish.
– Ideal for simultaneous braising and stewing, e.g. rice at the bottom and fish on top
– Juicy and tender cooking result thanks to the lid’s special drip structure
– The matt black inner enamelling is ideal for particularly crisp searing and is especially durable
– Suitable for all types of hobs, incl. induction, can also be used in the oven/grill
– Intense colour through “Majolica” enamelling