Staub’s oval cocotte in cherry red is exceptional cookware that even looks good on the dining table. Many experienced professional chefs rely on the first-class roaster from Staub. The lid’s drop-shaped structure ensures the even distribution of condensation, meaning you don’t have to add any extra water during braising, so that meat and vegetables stay flavourful and tender while cooking.
Nutrients are retained inside the cocotte while allowing the flavour to develop. This is achieved by the casserole dish’s combination of cast iron and enamelled inside. The enamel layer supports the optimal transfer of heat and traps the heat in when used with the lid. The roaster is 37.5 cm wide and 11.8 cm high with both handles included. A silver olive handle is located in the centre of the lid and also makes it easier to handle the roaster.
The cocotte is easy to clean. Resilient cast iron is suitable for all types of cookers including induction hobs. It is ideal for braised pork and beef, but also for dishes with small pieces of meat, fish or vegetables. Hearty braised dishes and casseroles will turn out every time with the cocotte. This casserole dish from the La Cocotte series provides you with professional cookware to help you with simple as well as difficult recipes and allows you to bring tasty food to the table.
– Ideal for searing and slow cooking of roasts and whole chickens
– Juicy and tender cooking result thanks to the lid’s special drip structure
– The matt black inner enamelling is ideal for particularly crisp searing and is especially durable
– Suitable for all types of hobs, incl. induction, can also be used in the oven/grill
– Serves 4-5 people
– Base Diameter: 25 cm
– Diameter: 31 cm
– Heat Resistance: yes
– Height without lid: 11.8 cm
– Height: 16.7 cm
– Induction Compatibility: yes
– Length: 37.5 cm
– Volume: 5.5 l
– Weight: 6 kg