The round cocotte from the La Cocotte range in grenadine looks classy and adds accents of class in the kitchen as well as on the table. You will be able to create delicious stews in it, which is what cocottes were originally developed for in France. This casserole is made of cast iron so is suitable for all types of cookers. And, of course, you can also put your cocotte in the oven.
Top chefs like Paul Bocuse favour cast iron for braising, as it stores heat so efficiently, allowing it to spread evenly throughout the pot and distributing it slowly to the ingredients. This allows the ingredients to cook gently and fully develop their natural flavours. The interior of Staub cocottes is black enamel. This coating ensures an even better flavour.
The round cocotte has a diameter of 26 cm and a capacity of 5.2 litres. It is perfect for making stews, gratins or vegetarian dishes such as ratatouille. With this highly efficient Staub casserole you will be able to spoil your friends and family with tasty casseroles like beef stroganoff.
– Ideal for searing and slow cooking of meat, fish or vegetables
– Juicy and tender cooking result thanks to the lid’s special drip structure
– The matt black inner enamelling is ideal for particularly crisp searing and is especially durable
– Suitable for all types of hobs, incl. induction, can also be used in the oven/grill
– Rim diameter 26cm
– Base diameter 21.7cm
– Capacity 5.2 litres
– Serves 4-5 people
– Base Diameter: 21.7 cm
– Diameter: 26 cm
– Heat Resistance: yes
– Height without lid: 11.8 cm
– Height: 17 cm
– Induction Compatibility: yes
– Length: 33 cm
– Volume: 5.2 l
– Weight: 5.7 kg