Use the Staub casserole dish to cook stews. The La Cocotte series has much more to offer though, as the cocotte can be used with a steamer insert for a variety of purposes. Thanks to the steamer insert, you can fry ingredients at the bottom of the casserole dish while stewing others at the top.
The 26 cm cocotte with steamer insert is a great help in the kitchen. Use it to make many different dishes with the advantages becoming immediately apparent. The enamel-coated cast iron ensures outstanding heat retention. Heat is then evenly distributed within the pot helping you to achieve a perfect cooking result. The coating on the inside is responsible for the stewing effect, which enhances the flavours of your food perfectly.
Naturally, you can use the cocotte with steamer insert on all types of cooker, even in the oven and on induction hobs. Thanks to its cast iron base, the casserole dish is easy to clean. The cocotte with steamer insert can be cleaned quickly and easily without any effort. The cocotte with steamer insert is a true all-rounder, which is surer to be a great help to you in the kitchen on a daily basis if healthy and gentle cooking is important to you.
– Ideal for simultaneous braising and stewing, e.g. rice at the bottom and fish on top
– Juicy and tender cooking result thanks to the lid’s special drip structure
– The matt black inner enamelling is ideal for particularly crisp searing and is especially durable
– Suitable for all types of hobs, incl. induction, can also be used in the oven/grill
– Intense colour through “Majolica” enamelling