Staub cocottes are cast iron roasting pans, with a matt black enamel coating on the inside. The main benefits of this enamel layer include its immediate usability, good braising and stewing effects, and the properties of the material improve with use and age.
Cast iron cocottes store heat very evenly and distribute it slowly to your cooking, ideal for recipes that require rapid searing followed by slow braising over a low temperature. As the material also retains the cold, cocottes are also perfect for preparing desserts and fruit soups. The round casserole dish from the La Cocotte series has a diameter of 20 cm. It is 9.5 cm in height, excluding the lid, and holds 2.2 litres. Including its two handles, the cocotte is 26.3 cm long, fitting perfectly into all ovens.
A ‘spiked’ lid construction allows condensation to drip evenly over the contents of the pan, producing especially juicy and tender meat. Impress your guests with the traditional design and graphite grey colour of this stylish serving dish – perfect for serving straight from oven to table. Excite your family or guests with extra-flavourful dishes, served straight from the cocotte, thanks to the enamelling on the inside that enhances the natural flavour of the food itself.
– Ideal for searing and slow cooking of meat, fish or vegetables
– Juicy and tender cooking result thanks to the lid’s special drip structure
– The matt black inner enamelling is ideal for particularly crisp searing and is especially durable
– Suitable for all types of hobs, incl. induction, can also be used in the oven/grill
– Rim diameter 20cm
– Base diameter 16.1cm
– Capacity 2.2 litres
– Serves 2 people
– Base Diameter: 16.1 cm
– Diameter: 20 cm
– Heat Resistance: yes
– Height without lid: 9.5 cm
– Height: 14.5 cm
– Induction Compatibility: yes
– Length: 26.5 cm
– Volume: 2.2 l
– Weight: 3.6 kg