Staub oval cocottes offer you the benefits of a high-quality casserole dish, as well as sophisticated cookware to take you from hob or oven to table. The word ‘cocotte’ is derived from the French word for chicken, although these roasting pans are also idea for making casseroles, soufflés, stews, soups or gratins. This casserole dish is perfect for cooking larger volumes for family get-togethers, thanks to its 29 cm diameter and 4.2-litre volume.
It comes in cinnamon, giving it an original look and underlining its French style. Made from cast iron throughout and combined with a matt black enamel coating, this casserole dish effectively stores heat inside and releases it slowly and steadily inwards, ensuring that your food is heated through gently. The ingenious ‘spiked’ design of the lid evenly distributes condensation over your food – wonderfully retaining its taste and nutrients.
The enamelled cast iron continues to evenly release heat for some time after being heated up, ensuring that your guests can relax and enjoy your delicious food. The cocotte casserole dish is perfect for use on all types of cooker, including induction hobs. Amateur cooks and professional chefs alike appreciate the benefits of the traditional La Cocotte cookware range, developed by Staub using state-of-the-art processes.
– Ideal for searing and slow cooking of roasts and whole chickens
– Juicy and tender cooking result thanks to the lid’s special drip structure
– The matt black inner enamelling is ideal for particularly crisp searing and is especially durable
– Suitable for all types of hobs, incl. induction, can also be used in the oven/grill
– Intense colour through “Majolica” enamelling
– Base Diameter: 24.4 cm
– Diameter: 29 cm
– Heat Resistance: yes
– Height without lid: 10.7 cm
– Height: 15.8 cm
– Induction Compatibility: yes
– Length: 35 cm
– Volume: 4.2 l
– Weight: 5.6 kg
– Width: 22.5 cm