The Staub cocotte is made from enamelled cast iron, a material which conducts heat and distributes it across the inside of the dish. Enamelled cast iron is exceptionally good for stewing and intensifies the natural flavour of the food. This is why cocottes are ideal for making casseroles. They can, however, also be used for making roasts, as well as delicious ragouts, roulades or vegetarian dishes such as ratatouille.
You can use a cocotte on a gas or electric cooker, an induction hob or in an oven. The two practical handles make it easy to handle, whilst the basil green model will make an attractive addition to your table once all the cooking is done. The dish also keeps your meals warmer for longer. With a diameter of 29 cm and 4.2 L capacity, the Staub cocotte can also be used to cook larger portions for a large party of guests.
Cocottes are perfect for all those who are just starting out on their adventures in cooking, as well as for amateur cooks. Use this functional Staub cocotte to delight your family and friends with an endless array of delicious new dishes.
– Ideal for searing and slow cooking of roasts and whole chickens
– Juicy and tender cooking result thanks to the lid’s special drip structure
– The matt black inner enamelling is ideal for particularly crisp searing and is especially durable
– Suitable for all types of hobs, incl. induction, can also be used in the oven/grill
– Long rim measurement 29cm
– Long base measurement 24.4cm
– Capacity 4.2 litres
– Serves 4 people
– Base Diameter: 24.4 cm
– Diameter: 29 cm
– Heat Resistance: yes
– Height without lid: 10.7 cm
– Height: 15.8 cm
– Induction Compatibility: yes
– Length: 35 cm
– Volume: 4.2 l
– Weight: 5.6 kg
– Width: 22.5 cm