The dark blue cocotte from Staub’s La Cocotte series can be used in almost any kitchen. The big advantage of the cocotte is that it can distribute and retain heat well thanks to its cast iron base material. With a capacity of 5.2 litres and a diameter of 26 cm, the round cocotte in dark blue is ideal for larger households or for use in the professional world.
You can use this casserole to emphasise healthy, easy and gentle cooking. The lid fits tightly on the pot so that hardly any heat can escape. It also has a drop-shaped structure to allow any collected condensation to be evenly redistributed back into the dish. You can use this cooking equipment on all types of cookers including induction hobs.
Not only cast iron is used in the production of this cocotte: it is also coated with various enamels to ensure that heat can be optimally retained. As a result, the heat is evenly released to food. A typical feature of these type of dishes is the braising effect, i.e. the enhancement of food’s natural flavour. This dark blue cocotte from Staub offers numerous benefits and enhances your kitchen with a useful cooking instrument that you’re bound to often use in everyday life or on special occasions.
– Ideal for searing and slow cooking of meat, fish or vegetables
– Juicy and tender cooking result thanks to the lid’s special drip structure
– The matt black inner enamelling is ideal for particularly crisp searing and is especially durable
– Suitable for all types of hobs, incl. induction, can also be used in the oven/grill
– Serves 4-5 people
– Base Diameter: 21.7 cm
– Diameter: 26 cm
– Heat Resistance: yes
– Height without lid: 11.8 cm
– Height: 17 cm
– Induction Compatibility: yes
– Length: 33 cm
– Volume: 5.2 l
– Weight: 5.7 kg