5 pcs. kitchen knife set. The Compendio blades are made using a mix of Carbon Steel & Stainless Steel and then finished with Lucite Handles.Set includes a black lucite knife block for knife storage. The new blade technology allows for a lighter blade than a forged knife while still offering exceptional performance. The unique convex shape of the blade allows for the edge to remain sharper for a longer period of time. A unique glass bead blasting process gives the Compendio Berti knives a satin matte finish and a beautiful contemporary look. This is Berti’s newest blade technology that still delivers high performance for discerning customers while allowing for a unique and modern new look.
Bread Knife – 8.7″ blade, 13.2″ overall
Chef’s Knife – 9.8″ blade, 15.4″ overall
Paring Knife – 4.3″ blade, 8.9″ overall
Knife vegetables – 7.3″ tongs, 11.8″ overall
Carving Knife – 8.9″ blade, 14″ overall
Strain 5 knives: assortment medium for your kitchen:
– “Bread knife”: the only one who will have the serrated blade. Can also be used for desserts from the fiber dry like the tarts.
– “Knife for meats” and cheeses knife from multiple uses, with this knife normally large you cut all the meat, but also cheese and vegetables.
– “Paring knife”: Known as the straight paring knife is the joker of the kitchen. Strictly blade smooth and tip centered ideal for small cuts and indispensable for the preparation of dishes meat and vegetables as well as being perfect for peeling and peeling.
– “Slicing knife”: the blade with curved tip and sharp. High cutting capacity for avoid crumble or break the slices. Vietatissima the cutter.
– “Knife for vegetables”: smaller and similar to that for meat and cheese, and is similar principally directed towards the verduree small cuts.
The blades are provided with laser cut from special steel plates cutting that allows a high quality blade (particle size fne and orderly without forging).
Done in full tang, or the blade is a single piece that crosses the handle, have the sandblasted surface finish of the blade.
Produced entirely by hand in small quantities.
The heat treatment also provides the sottoraffredamento at -80 ° C to ensure the maximum capacity and durability of the cut.
The versions with handles made of Plexiglas are suitable for the dishwasher because all our handles Plexiglas are subjected to a special process of stabilization which makes them suitable for dishwashers.
Even the strain is made in plexiglas and can be washed in a dishwasher at low temperature (max 40 ° C), but it is preferable to wash by hand.
Steel products with high quality cutting, can be put in the dishwasher only in the plexiglass handle, but it is good to be informed about the possible consequences:
1. the dishwasher does age quickly washed every object in it.
2. cutting steels are more quality and less are stainless.
3. the blades will get stained with reddish spots small or large blue discolouration:
a. if you leave to drip dry or in the dishwasher
b. if left dirty for a long time after use
c. if the wash water is rich in iron
4. a good hand washing and careful drying after washing are the secret to
keep the most of their knives
5. hand washing and immediate drying are REQUIRED for knives with horn handles,
wood or other natural materials.
6. Do not wash with harsh detergents or water at a temperature above 60 ° C.