3 pc. kitchen knife set. The Compendio blades are made using a mix of Carbon Steel & Stainless Steel and then finished with glossy black Handles. 3pc Set includes a black lucite knife block for knife storage. The new blade technology allows for a lighter blade than a forged knife while still offering exceptional performance. The unique convex shape of the blade allows for the edge to remain sharper for a longer period of time. A unique glass bead blasting process gives the Compendio Berti knives a satin matte finish and a beautiful contemporary look. This is Berti's newest blade technology that still delivers high performance for discerning customers while allowing for a unique and modern new look.
Bread Knife - 8.7" blade, 13.2" overall
Chef's Knife - 9.8" blade, 15.4" overall
Paring Knife - 4.3" blade, 8.9" overall
Black Lucite Knife Block
Strain 3 knives: minimum range for your kitchen:
- Bread knife: the only one who will have the serrated blade. Can also be used for desserts such as tarts from dry fiber.
- Knife for meats and cheeses knife from multiple uses, with this knife normally large you cut all the meat, but also cheese and vegetables.
- Paring knife: Known as the straight paring knife is the joker of the kitchen. Strictly smooth blade tip and centered ideal for small cuts and indispensable for the preparation of meat and vegetables as well as being perfect for peeling and peeling.
The blades are provided with laser cut from special steel plates cutting which allows a very high quality of the blade (granulometry fne and orderly without forging).
Done in full tang, or the blade is a single piece which crosses the handle, have the surface finish of the blade sandblasted.
Produced entirely by hand in small quantities.
The heat treatment also provides the sottoraffredamento at -80 ° C to ensure maximum capacity and life of the cutting.
The versions with handles made of Plexiglas are suitable for the dishwasher because all our handles Plexiglas are subjected to a special stabilization process which makes them suitable for dishwashers.
Even the strain is made in plexiglas and can be washed in a dishwasher at low temperature (max. 40 ° C), but it is preferable to hand washing.
Steel products with high quality cutting, can be put in the dishwasher only in the plexiglass handle, but it is good to be informed about the possible consequences:
1. the dishwasher does age quickly washed every object in it.
2. cutting steels are more quality and less are stainless.
3. the blades will get stained with reddish spots small or large blue discolouration:
a. if you leave to drip dry or in the dishwasher
b. if left dirty for a long time after use
c. if the wash water is rich in iron
4. a good hand washing and careful drying after washing are the secret to
keep the most of their knives
5. hand washing and immediate drying are REQUIRED for knives with horn handles,
wood or other natural materials.
6. Do not wash with harsh detergents or water at a temperature above 60 ° C.
|Blade: stainless steel|
|Handle: glossy handle|